Physio Pilates Classes – PhysioCare
PhysioCare is pleased to run Physio Pilates classes in most of our clinics.
The classes are held IN THE MORNINGS AND EVENINGS.
The benefits of Pilates are known to strengthen the core of the body, reduce back pain and improve bodily flexibility, balance and the range of joint motion. The Pilates method is more than just a series of exercises; it is an entire approach to exercise and a way of moving the whole body. This can be practiced almost anywhere – walking down the road, sitting at a desk or even while driving a car. Stabilising the core needs to become automatic and the only way to make this happen is to practice as often as possible. It is widely known through research that Pilates is fundamental in preventing injury for all people but can also be used to rehabilitate people suffering with many types of injury. Pilates is a complete mind and body system, training the mind to control the body.
[one_half]The Pilates principles of training focus on:
– strengthening the core postural muscles
– tight overstrained muscles will learn to relax and lengthen
– weak muscles will be strengthened
– risk of injury is greatly reduced
– posture is improved[/one_half] [one_half_last]Everyone can benefit from Pilates:
– experienced sports people
– complete beginners
– pregnant women and new mothers
– older individuals
– chronic back pain sufferers[/one_half_last]